Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Japanese Son-of-a-Beotch

Gwen:

15-12-9 reps of Clean and Jerk

Touch and go at the floor only. Even a re-grip off the floor is a foul.


I pulled 95/105/115 with no fouls, although I did have to rest with the bar in a back squat position. This WOD was more a test of grip strength and cardio-respiratory endurance than anything... good stuff though.

I also did tabata treadmill for the first time. This drill is intended to improve P.O.S.E. running techinique, but I think a sadist with a sense of humor designed it. We put the treadmill at a 12% incline and a speed of 8.0 then used a 20:10 ratio. These might have been the longest 20 sec of my life, but I pushed through and actually finished fairly strong. I will definitely increase the speed in future rounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment