Thursday, March 5, 2009

Dragging Ass

Power Clean, 2-2-2-2-2

Then 3 Rounds, for time of:

5 Power Cleans, 85% of your heaviest set
2 minutes of Wall-Ball shots, 20 pound ball
Rest 2 minutes

My final "heavy" set was at 160#... I only nailed it once so I went back down to 155#. There were a few instances when I got the weight up, but then pushed my hips too far forward to get under the bar. I guess this was because I wasn't bringing my arms up and around quickly/completely and had to compensate. Whatever it was I strained my back trying to muscle the bar up. Definitely want to avoid this in the future. At the lighter loads I can feel that "sweet" spot and look forward to the day when I can pop-up a rock solid 200#. Practice, practice, practice...

After all that I used 135# for the WOD which felt light even though it was more than 85% of that 155#. Wall-balls were 46, 47, and 43. On these I knocked out 25 by the 1 minute marker every time. My goal for next time should be 30/minute.

I felt drained after today's workout. I slept well, had a great breakfast, and it wasn't an especially difficult WOD so I'm not sure why I had the slump... I even had a protein shake and a cup of coffee after the workout. Hopefully it's an isolated incident.

Weight: 172.5

No comments:

Post a Comment