Thursday, May 14, 2009

The Bet Heard Around the Gym

"Jackie"

For time:
1000m row
50 Thrusters, 45 pound barbell
30 Pull-Ups

I had a 3:38 row and total time of 9:46. The interesting thing with this WOD was that we were being charged fouls if we had to break for rest during a set. For each foul we were penalized 5 burpees. I had a total of 5 which was a low-average amount. I wish I had taken more rest BETWEEN exercises before initiating a set, this would have helped keep that foul count a little lower (dunno how it would have effected my total time tho).

The good news is I didn't have to do a single burpee because good 'ol Sam made a bet that if anyone could do the entire workout in less than 12 minutes with no fouls he would do EVERYONE'S burpees. Big-ups to Russ for taking that bet to the bank. By the end of it Sam had to cash in on 200 plus burpees.

Awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment