Friday, May 22, 2009

Howlin' At The Moon

Press
5-5-5-5-5

I warmed-up/worked-up to 105# then stayed there through all 5 working sets. Each set was finished with the kind of slow, suffering reps that seem so impossible when your in the middle of the effort, but are super gratifying when you stick through the pain and complete the movement.

The 105# is very weak, but the good news is that it was my 1 rep max just a few short months ago and now I'm "tossin" it up 5 reps at a time. I do need to be more mindful of my lumbar curve during this movement, I felt some strain in my upper low back towards the end of the WOD.

The hot topic in the gym today was the three wolf tee which Sam Z wore during the WOD. The power this majestic garment bestows is immeasurable... Hell, even the Washington Post picked up on it:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/05/21/AR2009052104472.html?g=0

lol redic

No comments:

Post a Comment