Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Cash Only Please

Another beautiful day for pain:

3 attempts for maximum weight:
Overhead Squat, 15 reps

Then, Cash Out:
5 minute cumulative plank hold

I pushed 90# on the OHS's on my second round of 15 and was going for my 3rd attempt when we ran out of time. I feel I could have worked 100# successfully, albeit painfully. I am super proud of my progress with the overhead movements in the last 4 months. My last 1 rep max for OHS was 135# and now I'm doing nearly 70% of that for 15 reps with no rest whatsoever (the bar never comes down from the overhead position). I think there's some asian proverb that would be appropriate to quote here... sumthin about collecting pebbles and building a temple? I dunno, better luck with the philosophizin' next time I suppose.

2:30, 3:57, 5:01 were the times on my clock during plank torture, sooo I took 2 x 5 breath rests. Delightful.

Weight: 171.4

No comments:

Post a Comment