Wednesday, May 6, 2009

A Second Helping of Pain

10 rounds, for time of:

10 Ring Dips
10 Pull-Ups

I used el bando rojo for the ring dips on this number, kipped my chin over the bar for the pull-ups. This WOD probably would not have been as bad (and I might have finished) if we hadn't done 50 chest-to-bar pull-ups earlier in the week. My hands looked like raw hamburger after the fifty... they like hammered shit after the hundred we did today.
I was half way through my 9th round when I hit the time cut-off at 15:00 min. I stopped midway though the WOD to tear off the grip tape I had around my hands and this cost me dearly. We also had judges/counters today to keep us honest... good stuff.
On a side note, I can't wait to be able to do ring dips at high volume without assistance. My last 2 crutches are the band on rings and the ab-mats on HSPU's. THEN all I gotta do is master muscle-ups and double-unders before my CrossFit repertoire is complete... at least on a novice level. Self improvement is sweeet and like my man Spencer says, it's all about the pursuit.

Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment