Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Snap-And-Pop

Clean
1-1-1-1-1

Jerk
1-1-1-1-1

AMRAP Burpees in 2 minutes

Had a not-so-good day in the box today. I contribute this to a couple of factors...
1.) I was a bit sluggish from drinkin a tad too much wine last night
2.) my shoulders were plenty sore/stiff from yesterday's WOD
3.) a huge skin tear was messin with my head/grip

All excuses, er uh... FACTORS aside I still had a small PR on the cleans, albeit a small and ugly one. My problem today was getting my elbows around the bar and recieving it properly. I've never had this problem before, and I'm definitely attributing it to factors 2 and 3. My stance was also a lil too wide. By the end of it I only grabbed 85kg/187# on my best lift, which is a PR by 7#.

On the jerk I didn't have any snap-and-pop. I was slow getting under the bar and kept tryna catch in a weird lil high-stance-split. Corey also pointed out that I wasn't keeping my elbows high and shelving the bar on my chest at the start of the lift (a frequent mistake of mine). By this time frustration was in full effect and I only caught 80kg/176# on my best attempt. Gay.

Burpees were actually kinda fun today. Corey, Jack, and myself lined up on the mats to knock these out together (we were the last to go). The three of us were neck-and-neck to the very end, and we all busted out 50+ burpees. I grabbed 51. Think the high for the day was 54 from Chase.

No comments:

Post a Comment