Monday, August 23, 2010

Death On Dyer

Death March
400m Overhead Walking Lunge with 45#

This was my first time on the Death March and I didn't fair well. I made it just across the street from the "No Parking" sign into the Ozona parking lot at what I think was the 20min mark. Sam had just shouted, "10 minutes left!" when I got there (we had a 30min cutoff), but then announced "1 minute!" shortly thereafter. Turns out someone called the police and we were told to get out of the street. Mixed blessing I guess.

This wasn't as bad on my legs as I thought it would be, but my shoulders were screaming. My left arm was actually going numb from the shoulder down. I did "sets" of 12 steps and rested between. I'd like another stab at this with a smaller class, lower heat (it was 105 today), and more ballz. Some of the guys/gals at the box murdered this today, especially Chase who had a 7min PR with 95#. Amazing.     

No comments:

Post a Comment