Monday, August 9, 2010

My Ten Cents

Front Squat
5-5-5-5-5

AMRAP 5min of:
5 unbroken pull-ups

2 Rounds for time:
400m run
15 db Hang Snatch @ 45# (each hand)

Got up 195# on the front squats (PR). Started a set at 200# but started to go into a choking fit (because of the barbell in my larynx) so only got 2 reps at that load. After every set of squats we did 5 box jumps on the 30" box.

Pull-ups were a sneaky little exercise. Just when you start to get tired is when you need to go the fastest (because you begin to run out of time). I ended up doing 18 rounds in the 5 min which is 90 pull-ups. Was hoping to hit 20.

Not sure what happened on the met-con, but apparently I was moving super slow. I rolled with the rx'd 45's and ended up with a 7:52. I'm starting to question that time though because I was the first one done in my heat and the average time in the gym today was closer to 5 min. Oh well... maybe I 'm just a ruh-tard.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, I do that too when I do front squats! Man that sucks, and did that 3-sec on down and 1-sec on up protocol totally screw up your rhythm? It did mine for sure!! :( Loved your Hangover reference, there!

    Nice job on the pull-ups! And that's great work on the met-con--that was a sneaky little bugger! :)

    ReplyDelete