Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Drink These Draining Seconds

Front Squat
5-5-5-5-5

With a partner, AQAP:
21-15-9 cal row
max thrusters for each interval

Felt sooper shitty today, and think it can be 100% contributed to diet. I ate a big breakfast before heading to the box, but don't think I ate it EARLY enough. Plus, I had 2 cups of coffee with it and NO water. I think hydration was the biggest factor here. As soon as I started moving during the warm-up I got dizzy/lightheaded and weak. Kept thinking I was going to blow chunks too, with breakfast still sitting on my gut. But, I sucked it up and did some work. No time for bullshit.
On the front squats I worked up to 185# for my final successful set of 5. The next set I hit 195# for 4 reps before failure. SO CLOSE.
Worked the met-con with E. She started on row, I was on thrusters with 95#. I believe my counts for each interval were 18-10-5, but Jamie was counting for me so I'm not 100% on that.
We ended the party with tabata GHD sit-ups. My dumbass opted to roll with a 10# plate on my chest. My lowest rep count was 9... Oh, and I threw up in my mouth and swallowed it. Is that paleo? I dunno... but it's definitely WIN.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Grant! Those were the counts for each interval, and I think if breakfast was Paleo, then regurgitating it probably is, too. :)

    ReplyDelete