Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Easy E

"Elizabeth"
21-15-9 of:
135# cleans
Ring Dips

This was my first time to do Elizabeth and after hearing the horror stories floating around the box I decided to run with 115# on the cleans. My total time was a flat 8:30 with kipping ring-dips. A lot of room for improvement here... mostly on the cleans (go figure).

Waited a bit then switched gears and hit the barbell. The rx'd workout was:
Behind-the-neck Split Jerk
2-2-2-2-2

I liked these! They helped me focus on 1.) my hip extension and 2.) my split-stance without much apprehension about the weight on the barbell. Worked up to a successful 185 and then my shoulders decided I was done. Since we weren't doing the clean portion of the lift Trey suggested I widen my grip on the barbell... think this helped a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment