Thursday, April 16, 2009

Grip That Snatch And Pull

Today's WOD was 10 rounds for time of:

5 185# snatch grip deadlifts
4 jumping lunges
3 handstand push-ups

We did a short warm-up then started on the deadlifts working up to a heavy set of 3. I topped out at 265#. On these snatch grips I gotta remember to get my hips lower than norm AND especially lower than my shoulders. Also, on ALL deadlifts I gotta work on synchronizing my hips and shoulders so that they come up in unison. My shoulders have a tendency to come up early. I did a 1 rep max snatch grip deadlift in February (02/16/09) and pulled 285# so a 3 x 265# ain't too shabby. That's 93% of my max pulled 3 times.

On the WOD I used two abmats on the hspu's and made it through all 30 reps. This is a personal best. The jumping lunges were just silly. My total time was 8:49.

Weight: 169.8

No comments:

Post a Comment