Thursday, April 9, 2009

Distilled Pain

21-15-9 for time:

Body weight deadlifts
75% front squats
burpees

I weighed in at 167.8 prior to the workout sooo I decided to go with 175# on the deads and 135# on the front squats.... bad decision.

Actually, everything was moving along fine until I got to those damn front squats. I need to get serious about throwing some pure strength training days into my fitness routine. It's workouts like this that remind me of my deficiencies, and although it took me forever-and-a-day to complete the WOD I didn't quit like many others did. Do believe me, though, when I say that my body was screaming at me to run and hide in a locked closet. This WOD should have been done in around 10 minutes. My total time was 19:41 and I think 9 minutes of that could have been erased if I had a solid front squat.

Time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment