Friday, April 17, 2009

My First Fran

Today's rx'd WOD was "Heavy Fran" which is:

15-12-9

135# Thrusters
45# Weighted Pull-Ups

Unfortunately my strength and fitness abilities are not up to par as of yet, and I was forced to scale this beast down. My hips were also very tight from the week's collective training modalities AND I didn't get much sleep/recovery due to my work schedule which forced me to hit-up the 7am class. I think I might have gotten a max 6 hrs. Alright, I'm done whining.

I went with 95# and 20# respectively and pulled a total time of 9:49. The 20# was a db I held between my legs... not fun. In the interest of time, I dropped the db during the set of 12 and pulled body weight for half of the set since I was gassed and super strugglin to get my chin over the bar. I HIGHLY recommend a weight vest or waist strap for any multiple of weighted pull-ups. My nuggets was screamin'.


Weight: 170.0

No comments:

Post a Comment