Thursday, August 13, 2009

BOY You Look Just Like Yo Daddy!

Sumo-Stance Deadlift
1-1-1-1-1-1-1

This was a fun lil variation on the deadlift. The grip was the most interesting thing since our arms were literally perpendicular to the barbell and there was no center knurling on the bar. Used plenty of chalk and the hook-grip to compensate. My thumbs are still numb 4 hours later. It seemed the lower stance allowed for an easier upright body position. Maybe felt it a lil more in my adductors too. Other than that it felt like business as usual. My loads were:

225/255/275/305/315/325/335(f)

The cookie at the end was for time:
25-20-15
20# wall-balls
push-ups

Pulled a 4:13 on this. Push-ups were the limi-tor. Gotta up my game on these. On a sidenote I did 5 consecutive muscle-ups during my warm-up. Wanna start doing these a couple times a week to improve on the movement.

weight: 176.3 (174.7 after I tinkled)

2 comments:

  1. That's a lot of tinkle to take off that much weight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I KNOW! I always gotta make sure my bladder is empty before I weight... that thing must be huuuge

    ReplyDelete