Friday, August 21, 2009

Smokey And The Bandit

"Tailpipe"

With a partner, row 250m while they hold two 53# kettlebells in the rack position. At the completion of the row switch places. Do this 3 times for time.

I was a third-wheel on this one so our time wasn't indicative of a pure performance. Our total time was exactly 6:30 rx'd. This was fun but those kettlebells really wore on the 'ol lungs. It felt like a was wearing a corset.
After that we did 5x300m shuttle runs in the side alley. My times were :53/:55/:55/:56/:56. I tried to stay as relaxed as possible and focus on my stride... seems to have worked fairly well. Anyone that didn't make a 300 in under 67 sec was penalized 25 mountain climbers. One athlete had 3 such penalties, and I was obliged to do the 75 mountain climbers with him. Afterwards my quads/hip flexors were smoked.

No comments:

Post a Comment