Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Slice Like A Ninja, Cut Like A Razor Blade

Helen
3 rounds for time of:
400m run
21 kettlebell swings, 1.5 pood
12 pull-ups

I always get a sick feeling when I see this WOD. Maybe because it's an absolute gut-wrencher. Maybe because it was my very first CrossFit WOD and it left a lasting impression. Maybe it's because I dated a girl named Helen that ripped my heart out. Whatever the reason Helen gives me the hibby-jibbies. I suppose the good news is that I 've made steady progress against her everytime we've met.
Today I ALMOST went unbroken. KB swings and pull-ups were solid until the third round. On third round KBs I stopped at 15, took a breath, and then knocked out the remaining 6. Third round pull-ups were similiar... pulled 9 then struggled with the remaining 3.
On the runs I just tried to stay relaxed, find a pace, and keep it. Nothing spectacular here, but in the future I'll need to get faster on the runs if I wanna see any kind of significant time improvement. I don't think much more time will be shaved of the two other movements even if I'm able to do all reps unbroken. Maybe another 15 seconds? Maybe more if I can get a fluid butterfly kip going...

Today's time: 9:18
I sliced 1:22 off my previous PR of 10:40.
Golden.

No comments:

Post a Comment