Friday, September 10, 2010

OoPS!

1.5K Run (1 mile)
Rest 2 minutes
AMRAP in 5min of:
7 Pull-ups
3 Burpees
Rest 2 minutes
AMRAP in 5 min of:
3 Pull-ups
7 Burpees

Hmm... not sure how to feel about this one. I ran the 1 mile in 6:05 which is 7 sec off my PR, BUT I also haven't been running AND I'm on day 3 of a bad head cold. (Think snot. Lots of it.) I really started to feel the cold (mostly dehydration from all the meds) during the pull-up and burpees segments. I only got 7 rounds the first go 'round and 4 on the second.  I also gaffed up the instructions on the last round. I swear I read on the blog that we were cashing out on pull-ups in the final heat. I THOUGHT we were doing as many sets of 3 pull-ups in 5 minutes. But then I noticed some of the boys were still doing burpees and was thinkin WTF... I looked at the whiteboard and realized my mistake. SO I did 28 burpees in a row to get back in the rx'd zone and by the time I got done I was gassed. Oh well... still got a good workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment