Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Hot Date

Fran

21-15-9
95# Thrusters
pull-ups

Today was my first ever Fran and I gotta say I was pretty nervous walking into the gym today. From my experience Fran is the most infamous WOD and most commonly discussed benchmark time when comparing CrossFitters. My goal was a sub-7 minute time and both sets of 21 completed unbroken. Mission Success.
I went unbroken through the first round and pulled a 6:18. The second set of thruster was just plain nasty though. My legs were shaking like a naked 80 year old man standing in a deep freeze. I stuck with it though and gave myself a starting place for measuring improvement.
I did do a "Heavy Fran" in April which I scaled down to 95#. In that WOD we only did sets of 15-12-9 and I still clocked in a 9:49, although I did do half the pull-ups with a 20# dumbell. I'd still say this is a significant improvement for such a short time frame. CrossFit FTW.

weight: 175.8

No comments:

Post a Comment