Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Hot Sott's

5 sets for highest load:
Power Snatch
+
Overhead Squat
+
Hang Snatch
+
Snatch
 
Did a nice kettlebell warm-up with goblet squats, unilateral overhead squats, and Sotts presses. Used a 26#. Also learned a new shoulder stretch using a racked barbell which really let me know how tight I am upstairs... especially in my left anterior delt. Also noticed my scalenes are tight as well.
On the barbell I did 88, 98, 110, and 120 before running out of time. The 120 is a 5lb PR for this complex. Form felt fairly good today. Started coming forward on the heavier loads when I didn't be sure to get full extension thru the knees and hips. Grip held up ok.
After, we did a quick little 20sec all out AirDyne followed by 20 AQAP lateral ball slams. We only did 2 rounds before class was over.
On my own I did 10x single "perfect" snatches at 88lb just to focus on technique. Then did some muscle-ups and handstand push-ups. Did 5x mu's and 5x hspu's for 2 rounds. My first set of hspu's I did unconsecutive with NO abmat! That's a personal best.
Finally, did 25yd (I measured it) yoke walks 2x with an empty yoke, then 6x with 180.
 
 
*really feeling the damage from yesterday's back squats, especially in my adductors and glutes. that knee band really works!

No comments:

Post a Comment