Monday, June 29, 2009

King Turd Of Shit Mountain

Power Snatch
5-3-2-2-1-1-1

Topped out at 115#, dropped to 95#, then worked back up to 120#

Another less than spectacular performance... couldn't even pull 10lbs less than my last PR. I'll tell myself it was all mental/technique. Spencer did give me a big tip on my head position. I've got a bad habit of looking down at the floor when I do these movements which causes my upper body to drop too far forward and throws off the balance of the entire movement. The goal is to focus on a distant, fixed spot which would essentially immobilize my head/neck and allow for a neutral spine.

I'm also less comfortable with the power variation of the snatch, which I think is unusual. There's something about the quarter squat that throws off my timing and makes the receipt of the weight awkward. I also tend to pull the bar too high before dropping. During this particular WOD I kept bringing the bar at or above chin level. Not good. It's a shame I had so many problems with this WOD since after last week's snatch WOD I had gained considerable confidence with the movement. Guess that's CrossFit... on top of the world one day, groveling in the dirt the next.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Grant! I also have the tendency to look down on power snatches--not sure why. I completely empathize with you about feeling great one day and then like shit the next. Gotta love CrossFit! :)

    ReplyDelete