Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Back Back Back Back Back Back Back

A. Press: heavy single
B. AMRAP in 5 minutes: burpee ladder by 2's; partial set's count, must have visible pause between sets
C. 800m TT

a. 132lb... a shameful 2lb PR
b. completed 18 rounds +1/20
c. 2:49... even more shameful than the press (18 sec off my PR)

After working with the fellas today it seems I need a lot of work leaning back on my press... most of the big movers were basically starting in a incline bench position from the stand and whipping their head under the bar as soon as they could. Working on this technique might help me see some more gains... As of right now I do a super strict shoulder press with almost ZERO lean (I think because I've been protecting my low-back.)
After, did 12x2 box squats "every minute on the minute" with Jonathan at 154lb. Then did 3x10 glute ham raises with a abmat/kettlebell set-up and a red band.

No comments:

Post a Comment