Monday, March 21, 2011

Questionable Quads

1K row @ 100%
10 minute rest
10 burpees on the minute for 10 minutes

Ughghghghhhhhghhhhh... damn you rower. Seems like a get wrecked EVERY time I strap into you. My time today was 1:13.2, a small PR from 3:14.8. You'd have thought I had a 10 sec PR the way I was writhing on the ground after. Burpees were a disgraceful blur. I just tried to keep moving for the entire 10 minutes. Almost tossed my cookies on one round.
As far as the actual row is concerned, I started at a 1:33avg/500 pace... until I was 600m in, and then the shit got real. It was a struggle to keep pace 1:40, and I even went over on a few strokes. Maybe I could sustain a 1:35avg longer? We'll try it next time.
With my legs still shaky I thought it was a good time to try some double-unders. I did 30 du's on the minute for 10 minutes. On most intervals I finished in 18 sec. On 2 intervals I struggled and finished around 22 sec. They were feeling amazingly smooth today I must say (suprisingly). Spencer even commented on them. Looks as if my new technique is working. Yay me. 

CONFESSION
Just a quick diet note/confession... I've gone paleo for about one week now, although I have had some weak, non-paleo moments. So far, I've had 4 beers. 2 potato chips. And 1 Monster Milk protein drink. Shame on me. G-rant out.

No comments:

Post a Comment