Monday, December 6, 2010

Quads R.I.P.

2000m Row
GHD back extensions, 5x12

Well, I had a goal... sub 7 minutes.

I had plan... 1:40 for 250, 1:42 for 250, 1:44 for 250 1:46 for 250, 1:48-1:50 for 500, 1:46 for 300, and ALL OUT for 200.

I had encouragement... Chase and the boys were in my ear.

What I lacked (or lost) was focus... if even for the briefest of moments. I missed 2 pulls when I let my body over power my mind and take a moment to rest. My guess is those moments cost me 3 sec each and I wasn't able to regain them. My final time was 7:05. I couldn't get off the ground for 15 afterwards, so I didn't exactly make it to the GHD machines.

I looked for a memorable quote that would capture the antagonistic nature between  body and mind during intense/stressful situations, but came up empty handed... However, I think its clear that the body will ALWAYS want to stop, quit, slow down, take it easy, etc. Its the mind (and our focus) that determines what we do. Oh, and I made my own quote:

"A strong body is nothing without a strong mind, but a weak body can be anything with one."

No comments:

Post a Comment